Friday, June 14, 2013

Camp Food Favoirites

Camp Coffee
Camp coffee is a must for us.  I call this our Cowboy Coffee since it has some grains in it and is done without a coffee maker.
I have learned to NOT fill the water past the bottom hole because when it peculates, it bubbles over.  Not a fun mess to clean up.

Early in the mornings I like to sit in my lounge chair in the sun outside, and enjoy the scenery with my coffee while the kids sleep or play games in the camper.  The quiet moments in the mountains are heaven to me.  It is my time to read or gather my thoughts.
Eggs with Sausage


We make eggs and sausage pretty much every camp trip at least once.  It is a favorite of all ours.  I always use the original flavor of sausage with eggs.


 Waffles are always a request, and I have found this to be super easy and fluffy.  I follow the directions on the Bisquick for waffles and add some yogurt.  This one was a strawberry flavor, since plain small ones are hard to find.  The yogurt makes the waffles fluffy and light.  We learned this trick from another camper, and do it at home as well.

This would be hard to do without a generator.

T-bone Steak
 I love T-bone steaks.  They are so easy to grill up on the grill and they melt in your mouth.  I remove them from the refrigerator about 10 minutes before grilling.  I salt and pepper them on both sides and rub it in.  Then when they are about room temperature, we grill them up.  The kids love them as                    much as we do.
Blueberry Muffin Pancakes


This was so easy and did not need any syrup.
Muffin mix grilled on the skillet made up some yummy breakfast.  A little milk or juice and it was perfect.

The mix called for an egg and milk.  Simple food is my kind of camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment