Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Learning to Shoot Early

Sometimes when we camp, my husband sets up targets for the kids to shoot.  My sweet kids are becoming quite good shooters.  This BB gun is clearly too long for my baby, but she still hit the target the very first time, and almost every time after.
My girls are discovering that the more times you pump the gun, the more powerful the shot.  With four pumps the BB would bounce off our soda cans, but with 5 it would go inside and stop.
They could pump the gun to about 5 and then Dad would have to help out.  They love time with their dad getting his one on one attention.
I love that he is teaching them gun safety at the same time.
*After you shoot, aim the gun down.
*Don't put your finger on the trigger until you have found your target and are ready to shoot.
*Shoot on your exhale, not inhale when  breathing.
*Never shoot if someone is in front of you.  I walked over by the 4-wheelers and he had them put aim the gun down until I was done.  I didn't feel like I was in front of them, but he did.  I was to the side.  But it's the principle of it.  He is teaching them young.



No comments:

Post a Comment