Saturday, June 15, 2013

Yankee Meadow Campground

Yankee Meadows is located up Parowan Canyon, and is purely beautiful.  We have camped in the actual camp ground 3 times.  The campground goes in a circle like most campgrounds.  They seemed to me to be spread out enough that you did not feel like your'e privacy was being infringed upon, and we could not hear our neighbors during the day or at night.  We kinda felt alone, and that's how I like it.

The first time we went up there, my youngest had just learned to ride her bike, so we packed the bikes.  It was so nice to know she could ride in the circle and I felt like she and her sister were safe.  They rode around the circle for 3 days straight, some times with me running behind them, or just walking and they would turn around and come back and get me.  The distance was not bad, it was about a 10 minute walk around.

They have an ATV parking at the entrance, which is nice to not hear the bikes and have the dust stirred up constantly.  This limits the traffic a lot, and cuts down on the irritating noises.  Up the road is the lake for fishing.  We usually drive to the lake with all our chairs and gear.

All three times we stayed in the campground we could not believe how clean, and fresh the BIFFYs were.  BIFFY is a girl scout term, Bathroom In Forest For You.  I have called those outhouses that since child hood.  I think it's a cleaner name, and doesn't make you think of stink and bugs.  Anyhow, I think  I commented daily to my husband on how clean they bathrooms were and they did not smell.

We saw the Camp Host come around 3 times a day to mop and do whatever he did.  He was very nice and said he did it all summer.  He seemed to be alone, and maybe that was why he was so thorough with his cleanliness.  I liked him, we had good conversations.  I know he was there last year, but this year, 2013, I noticed a different host trailer.  I hope he can meet the bar that the other host has set.

There are NO reservations at Yankee, it is on first come basis, and I think it's only $10 a night...not sure on that, since it has been a year or so since we stayed in their grounds.  They do have water, but not at each site.  You can fill your trailers when you get there, at least we did, and then you don't have to haul your water up.

I have rights to all my pictures and words, they can't be duplicated by anyone with out my permission.
Our Yankee Campsite in the Aspens

All photos and words are mine and can't be duplicated or copied without my consent.
A fun hut the girls found




No comments:

Post a Comment