Monday, June 10, 2013

Yankee Meadows in June

My dear husband always finds amazing camp sites.  Every time we camp I feel like we have found the best site.  I love being in the trees.  This camp site was mostly Pine trees, but our view was lots and lots of Aspens.  Aspens are my favorite.  They seem to have a lot of memories of my dad in them.  We camped a lot growing up, and my dad would always make us a whistle out of a pine branch.  We always wanted the leaves left on so we could walk around camp blowing a branch.  We were cool, even if we  were the only ones that thought it.   I love the white and black, tall trees, they are pure beauty.




Our family went on a long 4-wheeler ride and found some beautiful finds.  I love this rock wall.

It's nice to take day trips away from camp.  The only bad thing, was how dusty and dirty we got.

I let my little girl drive me on the 4-wheeler, and when I would tell her to slow down and not follow so close, she would stop....and a billow of dust would encompass us.  We definitely needed a shower after this 3 hour adventure.

There are many little streams all over, and our kids enjoyed racing their empty chip bags, and little sticks.  We followed the stream al the way to the road, and watched the bags go through the tunnel under the road.

When we were done, we made sure to NOT litter and took our trash back to camp with us, and enjoyed our walk back to camp in the nice, crisp, fresh air.
This is one of my favorite parts of camping.  Lounging with a book and either my coffee, or drink.  I love the sound of the stream, and wind in the trees.  This is the best way to re ground myself after busy city life.

No comments:

Post a Comment