Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I Love Memory Foam

Apparently trailers don't come with comfortable mattresses.  After having our 5th wheel for 2 years, every time we would take our trailer out, we would both complain about the thin, spring mattress.  We could feel the springs, and when we would roll over, I am sure we would hit the foundation that held our mattress.  Not a good sleep ever.

Finally after contemplating switching our mattress with the kids mattress, my sweet husband got on Amazon and found us a queen 6" thick memory foam mattress for only $99.00.  For that price, it was worth a shot.  I don't think I would go any thinner though.  I guess they come in many different thicknesses.  Just think if it were even thicker, it would be like that bed John Denver sings about..."nine feet high and 6 feet wide, soft as a downy duck".

Ahhh, now that's heaven.  We have now slept on that beauty for 5 nights and every morning we wake up saying what a difference it makes.  I can't believe it took us so long to do something about our discomfort.  

This queen size mattress does stick off our bed by about 5 inches, and we debated cutting it, but after camping with it we found it doesn't faze us one bit.  It's not like we walk that close to the bed anyhow, plus I gained length for my toes. 

I must sleep low, because in the past my toes would hang off the mattress when I stretched out.  My husband said he never had that problem, and we are the same height.  Go figure.  Now we both sleep soundly, and no more back aches.  

No comments:

Post a Comment